Trust and Security
Report suspected fraud
Please note that CommercialRealEstate.com.au never requests personal information or credit card details via email. You should be wary of suspicious emails claiming to offer Domain services. Do not click on any links, open attachments or enter any personal information - we do NOT send emails of this nature.
If you are unsure about an email that you have received, please contact us immediately on 1300 423 435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the latest scams on www.scamwatch.gov.au
Looking for help?
- 1300 423 435
- Contact us
- Always inspect the property and its papers before exchanging any money or signing a contract. Be aware of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
- Never transact with someone claiming to be overseas.
- Always use the Commercial Real Estate contact/enquiry form to ensure you are contacting the actual agent - an enquiry form appears on every property details page.
- Do not transfer money via Western Union to someone you've never met in person.
- Avoid "freight" scams, where you as the renter are asked to pay a fee via a third party to receive the keys to a property.
- Look out for spelling mistakes or poor grammar. These indicate the listing/email could be from a scammer.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
If you receive a suspicious email or scam enquiry, report it to us immediately by forwarding to email@example.com.
We are constantly searching for and removing fraudulent ads to protect those looking to buy, rent and/or share. If you ever see an ad that looks suspicious, report it immediately.Be cautious if:
- The agent asks you to contact them at an alternate email address (e.g. email address included in photos).
- The price is low in a highly sought after location.
- The agent/owner claims to be out of the country.
- Make initial contact with the agent via Commercial Real Estate.
- Inspect the property and its papers before paying any deposit or agreeing to purchase, rent or share.
- Report any suspicious offers asking for money or personal information.
Phishing is a type of fraud whereby someone sends you an email, posing as Commercial Real Estate, in an attempt to acquire your username and password (and sometimes credit card details). These emails often ask you to confirm your login or credit card details, and threaten account suspension.Be cautious if:
- The URL looks strange.
- You receive an email asking you to confirm your login or credit card details.
- Check the URL when you log in to ensure its the genuine Commercial Real Estate website. Type the internet address (e.g. ninemsn.biz.commercialrealestate.com.au) directly into the address bar yourself to be certain.
- If you receive a suspicious email, report it immediately and do not click the links. We will never ask you to confirm your login or credit card details.
CommercialRealEstate.com.au will never request or hold money on behalf of any seller, landlord or agent. All monetary transactions should be directly referred to the Seller or LandLord or the Agent once the deal is finalised.
Please be wary of suspicious claims by sellers or landlords to obtain money (in any form) from potential buyers/renters. Never transfer money via Western Union to someone you've never met in person. CommercialRealEstate.com.au does not take any responsibility for money deposited or any financial transactions between buyers/renters and sellers/landlords.
If you ever have any concerns regarding your transactions, or receive a suspicious claim asking for money, please let us know immediately and do not engage in any further correspondence with the seller/landlord.
Please visit our Agent Security Centre featuring security tips and information for agents and Agent Admin users.